Thursday, April 10, 2008

Here are some useful ways of agreeing or disagreeing with someone's opinion. Notice that you need to be very polite when disagreeing with someone in English - even someone you know quite well.
AGREEMENT
-I could'n agree more.
-That's just what I was thinking
-You know, that's exactly what I think
-I agree entirely.
-That's a good point.
DISAGREEMENT
-Yes, that's quite true, but...
-I'm not sure I quite agree.. (what you said...)
-Well, you have a point there, but...
-Perhaps, but don't you think that...
-I see what you mean, but...
***If you know someone very well you can disagree more directly using expressions like these:
-I can't agree with you there.
-You can't be serious!
-Come off it !
-Don't be so silly !
Source:daihoctaichuc.net.
Oanh.

3 comments:

F5 said...

wow, you have many entries about speaking topic. I am afraid that I can't comment all of them. I think you should give the way of using them, such as what function we should use in formal case or informal case. an important thing is to comment our blog. hihi

BoRn To ShInE said...

WE think you spent a lot of time collecting many functions. It's very useful for all of us to speak English well. Could you show us how to find out such interesting information? Thanks

Captain Nemo said...

It's great that you provide us a great number of functions. However, as F5 said, your group publish too many entries at a time, which causes a small difficulty to comment them all. [Mr Violence]

PS: plz visit us at www.vivavn.blogspot.com and share your opinions with us ^^ Cheers ^^