Wednesday, April 2, 2008

What do you think about it?

We have just learned a very useful expression in our daily life.That's giving opinions ,expressing agreement and disagreement.In order to help you to be familiar with it, we raise a problem for you to discuss.You can express what you think about it,whether you agree or disagree with the statement.The debate will be about 1 week's time.After that,we will come to the final conclusion .Here is the problem:
"All university students have to study obligatory subjects like:phylosophy,Vietnamese culture,Vietnamese language...Some students say that it's not neccessary,especially to us whose major is English.We only need to study what is efficient for our future career."
What do you think about it.
Give your opinion and support it.
Remember to use functions which we have just studied.It's a pratical way to review the lesson.
We're looking foward to hear your ideas.
NOTE:your ideas may be demonstrated on the comment section.
Conducted by :Thanh Huyen

8 comments:

Happy Family said...

I absolutely agree with this statement.Personally speaking, I don't think there's any point in studying these subjects.Can students gain knowledge after learning these or it's just a waste of time.It just make us worrying and can't concentrate wholeheartedly on our main subjects like reading,wrting,...In my reckoning,I think it should be reduced.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry but I can only agree with you partly. I myself think these subjects have their own advantages. For example, learning Vietnamese culture help me enlarge my knowledge of various customs and habits of our country. And don't you think doing the midterm project of this subject was so interesting? ^^

But frankly speaking, I think the modules of these subjects should be reduced. For example, political economics with 6 modules is toooo muchhhhhh :(( :(( :((

Captain Nemo said...

Well, you have a point there, but in my opinion, philosophy helps us to figure out the way we think and behave, political economy gives us the most basic knowledge of economy which is an essential part of life ... so I think they're all useful in some ways, not really "a waste of time", right ? [Violence]
PS: Please visit us at vivavn.blogspot.com and write a comment there if you can . thanks

Happy Family said...

Perhaps you're right but the University's program has been fixed and no one can changed it. In addition, if the general subjecs were eliminated , the teachers of those subjects would have nothing to do .

Happy Family said...

I recognise your point .You worry about these teachers.I don't think so.They are sometimes from other universities and there are universities in real need of these subjects.They will never be out of work.The main problrm is how to teach these subjects efficiently.

Anonymous said...

I think This si a sensible problem.None of us is happy with this but it's one of the subject we must study.In my opinion, It somehow helps us to get the general ideas about culture, philosophy and even economics.However,I hope It won't demand much effort from students

F5 said...

Everyone has his/ her own idea. In my opinion, I totally agree with Bee. I wonder why our major subjects have fewer modules than non-major ones! [Yen Nhu-F51C]

F5 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.