Sunday, April 6, 2008

How to agree with an opinion

Our group has been preparing for our presentation of speaking, and my part is"How to agree with an opinion" . So I have read some book and searched the internet to find some useful expressions or functions. There are some ways that you can use:
When you strongly agree with an opinion, you can say:
"I couldn't agree more! "
"That's exactly what I think"
"That's exactly what I think"
Or some simple ways like:
"That's absolutely true! "
"I agree with your point"
Or you just say "absolutely"
And sometimes people also say :
" I'd go along with you there"
" I'm with you on that."
" That's just what I was thinking"
" That's a good point. "
" That's just how I see it"
If you just half agree with an opinion, what will you say?
I will tell you some ways :
"Hmm, possibly, but ..."
"Yes, perhaps, however ..."
"Yes, in a way, however ...
"Well, yes, but ... "
When you would like to say that your friends have their point but what you think is not totally similar , you can say:
"Well, you have a point there, but ..."
"There's something there, I suppose, however... "
"Yes, I suppose so, however ..."
"I guess you could be right, but ... "
Or some times you can say:
"That's worth thinking about, but ... "
So I hope these ways are useful for you , and you will find it is easy to show your agreement with an opinion.
(source : www.paulnoll.com/Books/Clear-English/debate-suggestions )

8 comments:

BoRn To ShInE said...

Oh expressing your opinion is such an art!!!^^ That must be the reason why your group and “viva vn” have the same thought :D
I’ve read in a book saying that: a person with beautiful soul is a person who knows how to conciliate between two conflicting sides and express his/ her own idea politely! Hope your group get good mark with this function!!^^

3snakesand1cat said...

hope we all remember and use these ways when we speak. thanks for your information.^^
tram

F.l.y.i.n.G K.i.t.e.S said...

oh there some more new functions to use ^^ thanks for your information :D

F.l.y.i.n.G K.i.t.e.S said...

ố là lá, "there ARE some more new functions .... " sozzy :p

Captain Nemo said...

You've provided us a great source of functions. Thanks ^^

Unknown said...

Your entry is very good, there're some new funtions to study, thanks ^_^
p/s: Could you please visit our blog & leave your comment ^_^ ? Thanks http://www.1c07-all4one.blogspot.com/

lilly said...

hiiiiiiii!your group is very careful and studious.at this time our group hasn't chosen which lesson to present.You make me see what we have to do now .So, thanks and hope you get good mark .
P/s: post more informations hehe

Captain Nemo said...

A meticulous summary of what we have learned. Hope it will support our memory.Thanks. ^^